Enthusiastic and dedicated, with a strong skills base in project management, organisation and technical facilitation. Experienced in technology management and integrating consultant teams to address complex technical issues or strategic innovation. Within a multifaceted scientific and engineering background, lies considerable expertise to provide the most appropriate solution to problems and optimise opportunities.
Technology Management Consultant
• Technology strategy development through collation and analysis of market, financial and industry trends data; workshop facilitation and providing recommendations for implementing action plans.
• Innovation support: identifying new opportunities to address legislative or technical challenges and environmental regulations.
• Producing information in publication format for in-house journals, best practice guides and web-site knowledge summaries.
• Market research on industry activities and training needs: designing questionnaires, collecting and analysing the resulting data.
• Assisted with development of the National Reliability Strategy – responsible for drafting the documentation submitted to government.
• Managing technical support for European Divisions of a US multinational company. Responsible for design reviews, facilitation of technical consultations and rapid response enquiries. Assisting with sourcing technical support in Eastern Europe and South America. Providing support for compliance with European Environmental Directives and technology watch on relevant areas.
• Facilitation of in-house and industry-wide technology roadmaps, brainstorms, SWOT analyses and design reviews.
• Project management for over 50 single client, collaborative and internal projects, across various technology sectors and industry groups. Meeting challenging timescale, budgetary and technical targets, often running significant activities in parallel. Project budgets from £2k to £5M. Example projects: carbon footprint for vehicle manufacture, technology transfer in health technologies, eco-design of energy-using products, re-use of manufacturing by-products, design reviews throughout product life-cycle, innovation brainstorms, technology review/forecasting, researching active disassembly technologies and roadmap facilitation.
Teaching and Training
• Delivery of Business Planning workshops for new business start-ups.
• Technology Audit and Technology Assessment modules for Technology Management MSc.
• Self-management training courses.
• Managing workload, opportunities and strategic direction for a section of engineers from different technical disciplines. Producing the vision and strategy for the section under a restructure and forward planning the business balance; ensuring communication, understanding and buy-in from team members. Forecasting budgets and adjusting activities to meet financial targets.
MBA in Technology Management
PhD in Microelectronics
MSci Honours degree in Physics and Electronics
Postgraduate Certificate in Technology Management
Member Institute of Physics, Chartered Physicist
Member Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers